Let's make this school year the best ever for attendance!! Make sure you're here every day and you're ready on time!! If you need to report an absence, please call our attendance line at 909-790-8080 ext. 5084.
Our School Office Hours are 7:00AM - 3:00PM
Our School Nurse is available to our CHES Chargers from 7:45 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. every school day. Please make sure that your student is feeling well and healthy before bringing them to school. Students that leave school with a temperature or come to school with a temperature need to be fever free for 24 hours prior to returning to campus.
California Healthy Youth Act
a year ago
Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District’s Comprehensive Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Prevention instruction is based on education and prevention strategies that are researched-based and aim to increase the health, academic success, and overall well-being of our students. The purpose of the program is to comply with the State of California requirement that school districts must ensure that all students in grades 7-12 receive comprehensive sexual education and HIV/AIDS prevention education once in middle school and once in high school.
The law has five primary goals:
1. To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills necessary to protect their sexual and reproductive health from HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and from unintended pregnancy;
2. To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills they need to develop healthy attitudes concerning adolescent growth and development, body image, gender, sexual orientation, relationships, marriage and family;
3. To promote understanding of sexuality as a normal part of human development;
4. To ensure pupils receive integrated, comprehensive, accurate and unbiased sexual health and HIV prevention instruction and provide educators with clear tools and guidance to accomplish that end;
5. To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills necessary to have healthy, positive and safe relationships and behaviors.